Registered Nurse Nights - (Full-time) - Field House
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Responsible to: Nurse Manager/Management Team
Directly Responsible to: Senior Nurse in charge
Qualification: RGN or RMN
To ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the Nursing Home in accordance with the policies and practices of Bristol Care Homes and the registering authority guidelines.
- Responsible for assessing care needs.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care.
- Supervise and teach qualified and unqualified staff.
- Designated to take charge of the nursing home in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility.
Administrative and Professional Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To take charge of the Home in the absence of Nurse Manager, Deputy Manager and/or Senior Nurses. Maintain the smooth running of the day to day management of the Home and be responsible for maintaining and altering the duty rota where necessary.
- In Nurse Manager/Management team’s absence, be responsible for;
- Making appointments to view.
- Ensure vacant rooms are presentable for viewing at all times.
- Escorting prospective residents/families around the Home as and when required.
- Making appointments for interview with Nurse Manager/Home Manager in relation to admissions.
- When ‘Nurse in Charge’, liaise with maintenance, catering and housekeeping team to ensure a smooth working relationship.
- Liaise with and carry out the instructions of general practitioners, medical and other consultants and therapists.
- Ensure Nurse Manager/Management Team is informed of any changes in occupancy through admission, death or transfer as they occur and also of any bookings made. Advise also CQC of death, serious injury or incidents.
- Any complaints or problems should be received, investigated and reported to the Nurse Manager/Management Team..
- To set and monitor standards of nursing care ensuring that high standards are achieved and maintained at all times.
- To be responsible for the assessment of care needs (physical, mental, spiritual and social) and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care either personally or be delegation to appropriate members of staff.
- Provide verbal reports on the condition of residents and maintain written reports on residents for nursing staff and other health care professionals.
- Ensure that medications are ordered, stores, controlled and administered in compliance with the Health Authority guidelines, UKCC practice and current legislation.
- Work with Care Assistants to ensure a high standard of nursing care.
- Promote and maintain a safe and comfortable therapeutic environment for all residents and a pleasant and receptive climate for the resident, relatives and friends.
- Report and record all accidents and incidents occurring in the Home, whether involving residents, visitors, staff, or any other person, as they occur.
- Participate in the training and assessment of qualified and unqualified care staff.
- Encourage in-house activities and entertainment and liaise with Activities Co-ordinator.
- To ensure that policies and procedures of Bristol Care Homes are known and followed by all staff.
- Take personal responsibility for keeping up-to-date with new developments and professional growth and participate in research where appropriate.
- Participate in staff and/or multidisciplinary meetings and in-service training programmes as required.
- Wear correct uniform. Maintain and promote professional standards in behaviour and attitude.
- Give respect to the NMC code of professional conduct and associated codes and ensure that payments of periodic fees are made as required by the NMC.
- Be familiar with the terms and conditions of employment of Field House.
This job description is subject to review and periodical revision.