Registered Nurse Nights - Field House
- 36 per week - 3 x 12 hour night shifts (8pm to 8am)
We will also consider recruiting 2 part time nurses
- £14.00 to £16.00 per hour depending on experience
- 20% enhancement at weekends, double pay on bank holidays
- Sick pay
- Pension scheme
We are looking for a registered general nurse to work nights, to take the lead in caring for our nursing residents and to have overall responsibility for the home at night. There will be opportunities to work additional shifts to cover holidays and sick leave.
You will be responsible to our Nurse Manager and your duties will include:
- Leading the care team in caring for our residents
- Taking charge of the home and dealing with any emergency situations, with support if necessary from the on-call manager
- Administering medication and carrying out other nursing procedures
- Developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care
- Maintaining computerised care records
- Supervise and teach care staff
- Provide verbal information on the condition of residents at each handover, and to management and visiting health care professionals when required
- Ensure that medications are ordered, stored and administered in accordance with the law, current guidelines and our internal procedures
- Report and record all incidents and accidents arising in the home
- Assisting care staff in providing personal care to our male and female residents, and attending to all aspects of their needs.
- Maintaining the dignity and privacy of residents and respecting their individual needs
- Assisting with any other tasks as requested to ensure the smooth running of the home
- Attending and participation in orientation, mandatory and other training as required
It will be an advantage if you have experience of working with the elderly, whether in a care home or hospital setting.