Domestic Assistant - Glebe House
- 23 hours per week
- £7.83 per hour
- 20% enhancement at weekends
- Double pay on bank holidays
- Pension scheme
We are seeking a flexible person to work bank shifts in various departments, undertaking kitchen, laundry and general cleaning duties around the home.
You will be responsible to our Administration Manager and your duties and responsibilities will include the following, depending on which department you are working in:
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the home to the required standard
- Carrying out cleaning and deep cleaning tasks in accordance with the agreed cleaning schedule, and additional tasks when asked to do so by the Housekeeper or Administration Manager
- Washing up
- Distributing food and drinks to our residents, and collecting used crockery etc.
- Assisting with food preparation
- Disposing of rubbish in the appropriate place
- Collection of dirty laundry
- Washing and ironing residents’ clothes, linen and towels
- Delivery of clean laundry around the home
- Being aware of the regulations regarding handling of chemicals and the hazards associated with them
- Attending and participating in orientation, manual handling and other training when asked to do so
There are no specific qualifications required for this position and full training will be given. A reasonable standard of spoken English is expected, as it will be necessary to communicate with our residents.