Care Assistant Nights (Full-time and Part-time) - Glebe House
Job Title: Care Assistant
Qualification: None Required
Responsible to: Nurse Manager/Administration Manager
Directly Accountable to: Nurse Manager/Senior Nurse in charge
- To contribute to the quality of care.
- To support professionals and residents in specific treatment/therapy programmes.
- To provide assistance to residents in the Home.
- To contribute to the maintenance of the Home.
Administrative and Professional Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To participate and assist in the assessment of care needs and the implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- To participate in nursing procedures in accordance with established nursing principles and procedures following instruction and understanding.
- To report to the nurse in charge any significant change in the resident’s condition or circumstances.
- To always maintain the dignity and privacy of the resident and respect their individual needs.
- To report information promptly and accurately respected the need for confidentially in all matters.
- To be aware of the safety of the residents, staff and visitors at all times and to be able to respond immediately in situations of crisis.
- To be familiar with emergency procedures including fire and evacuation of the building.
- To carry on non-care assistant duties where necessary in the interests of the residents care.
- To maintain a neat personal appearance, wearing correct uniform and have good timekeeping.
- To attend and participate in the orientation and in-service training programmes.
- To comply with Glebe House policies and procedures.
This job description is subject to review and periodical revision.